Thursday 5 March, 2020, 4.00-7.00pm
Saturday 21 March, 9am - 12pm.
Open Days at St Luke's are an opportunity to showcase the unique setting and contemporary learning environment inherent in our distinctive Catholic learning community.
At St Luke’s, we deeply believe that education is about much more than results. Through our Catholic faith based approach to learning, St Luke's nurtures faith filled curious children to become creative contributors and innovative problem solvers for a changing world. Furthermore, we support students to become young adults who can recognise, have access to, and take up opportunities that will grow them as compassionate people with the integrity and moral strength to make right and just decisions. We do this ‘Living the Good News’ as revealed through the Gospel of St Luke.
In 2021, St Luke’s will provide learning opportunities for:
- 3 and 4 year old students in our Catholic Early Learning Centre (CELC)
- 5 to 12 year olds in Primary school.
- 13 to 16 year olds for Years 7, 8, 9 & 10.
Although only in our fourth year, a strong sense of identity, purpose and confidence has quickly evolved. As we grow, we seek to be true to the best ideals that have shaped Catholic education in Western Sydney and also be alert to informed research about contemporary learning in a rapidly changing world.
In 2020, we are evolving to provide a safe and secure environment where literacy, numeracy and faith formation are viewed as strong foundations to unlock the potential of each child. With each person taking responsibility for their own learning, all learners participate actively in a changing world where they are called to:
- WITNESS by living the Good News as revealed through the Gospel of St Luke
- MANAGE self
- RELATE with others
- INQUIRE about the world around us
- THINK critically through deep and rigorous reflection
- CREATE responses to the challenges of a changing world.
In opening our College to the wider community for Open Days, we acknowledge St Luke's:
- Is a Catholic learning community filled with rich Christian traditions;
- Values respect for self, others and the environment;
- Prides itself on inclusive practices and values the development of knowledge, skills and capabilities required for a changing world;
- Provides for self-paced and self-directed learning through a sustained engagement in a stimulating learning environment;
- Supports student to develop stage appropriate independence;
- Encourages a balanced approach to life that integrates the spiritual, academic, physical and cultural;
- Insists on high standards of dress, behaviour, appearance, commitments and relationships, and makes no apologies in doing so; and,
- Provides a safe and secure environment so each child can enjoy their 15 year learning journey at the College.
St Luke's welcomes all prospective students and parents/carers to join with staff and students for our Open Days which will be held on Thursday 5 March from 4:00pm- 7:00pm OR Saturday 21 March 9am - 12pm.
Enrolment processes will continue in the weeks after Open Days. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to complete the enrolment application and provide the relevant documentation required by forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who have not seen it, I leave with you the St Luke's promotional video.
If you are looking to attend one or both of these events can you please RSVP here. For more information please contact the College via email at email@example.com or call 9854 3100.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Mr Greg Miller
St Luke’s Catholic College